Call for Proposals
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2023
Funding Available: up to $50,000 per proposal over two years
This is a special joint call for proposals with the Center for Social and Behavioral Science (CSBS) and the Healthcare Innovation office at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA), see more information at the bottom of page 2 of the submission instructions.
The aim of this program is to catalyze unique interdisciplinary personalized nutrition-related research across the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus. To be eligible for a Seed Grant, the Co-Principal Investigators (Co-PIs) must be from at least two different departments/colleges and at least one must be an Affiliate member of the Personalized Nutrition Initiative.
The goals of Seed Grants are for Affiliates to:
- Develop exploratory research ideas that require involvement of multiple disciplines
- Develop research ideas that have potential to impact human health
- Identify a research question(s) that relates to one or more of the Personalized Nutrition Initiative research themes and cross-cutting areas
- Collect preliminary data or other relevant information to address research questions
- Conduct sample data analysis or create visualizations that can be used as a proof-of-concept
- Prepare, develop, and submit research proposals for external funding
All proposal materials must be combined into one pdf file, uploaded, and submitted using the online Seed Grant Proposal Submission Page via Qualtrics before 11:59 PM on July 15, 2023.
Funded Seed Grants
June 2022 Seed Grant Awardees
Jan 2022 Seed Grant Awardees